Saturday, February 18, 2006

Fanatics united by hate


The Danish cartoons of the so-called prophet Mohammed has shown one thing. It has shown, without a doubt, that few religious leaders support freedom of speech. The only group that could compete in bowing before fanatical terrorists were second-rate politicians --- but then that's redundant. I should say politicians alone.

The main reason that I think this is so is that these god addicts yearn for the same "rights" claimed by the lunatic Islamists. That is they want the right to demand that anything that offends them and their Dark Age’s sensibilities be forbidden.

The latest religious challenged individual to demand the right to forbid that which “offends” him is the Chief Rabbi of Moscow, Berl Lazar. This Rabbi, who ought to dress in brown shirts, argued: “I would like to assure you, that the parade of homosexuals it is not less offensive to the feelings of believers than any caricatures in newspapers.”

The Rabbi and Islam’s Chief Mufti in Russia, Talgat Tajuddin, seem to be inspired by the same hate. It is amazing how the bitterest religious enemies can unite if you find them somebody else to hate. Tajuddin, emboldened by the deference given to Islamic mobs said that if a gay parade is allowed in Moscow, “Muslim’s protests can be even worse than these notorious rallies abroad over the scandalous cartoons.”

This Islamic sicko promised violence against homosexuals. “The parade should not be allowed, and if they still come out into the streets, then they should be bashed.” Mufti Mouse explained: “Sexual minorities have no rights, because they have crossed the line. Alternative sexuality is a crime against God.” If God thinks so then let him, her or it deal with the matter.

This is the problem of the gutless politicians and religionists prostrating themselves in deference to the violent mobs rallied by Islamic governments under the false pretext of having their silly religion ridiculed. Once cowards submit themselves to these fanatics it emboldens them to demand more and more. Each time they threaten killing, maiming, and rioting if their absurd theology isn’t respected by others.

The fact is that they do not deserve respect. Fanatics are dangerous and sane people must stand up to them. It doesn’t matter if these nuts are Jews, Christians or Muslims.

In a related manner the increasing totalitarian government of putrid Putin has stepped up it’s war on freedom in Russia. Putin is a rabid nationalist and hater of individual rights. In Volgograd authorities closed the Gorodskiye Vesti newspaper because of a cartoon. The illustration showed Christ, Moses, Buddha and Mohammed watching a riot on television. The caption said, “We never taught them to do that.”

Like the old communist tyrants the regime argues the opposite of the facts. They said they stopped the paper because the cartoon might encourage inter-religious strife. Now an appeal to forgo strife is consider encouraging strike.

A similar case in Russia recently dealt with an exhibit at a museum regarding the dangers of religious fundamentalism. Fanatics from the Orthodox Church attacked the exhibit. In a typical disregard for the property of others these Christians vandalized the exhibit. The “Christians” said the exhibit insulted their religious feelings. A Moscow court ruled the vandals could not be prosecuted for their crimes because such vandalism is not a crime and instead a criminal case has been opened up against the two curators who set up the exhibit. Prosecutors asked for a three year sentence to a concentration camp for one curator and two years for the other.

9 Comments:

Blogger Diederick said...

Well, I must admit one thing. When it comes to being gay, these religious folks, really act, talk, and therefor probably think like fuckin' stone-agers. Thouse who betrays humanity shallt be damned to myne everlastingk disgust. I have spoken. And yeah, I admit, gay guys are different, I have experience :) ,but by no means dangerous or disgusting. I'm gay, and believe me, I don't think I think any different than other guys, or weamon. Just on a sexual level, and I fell in love with a guy, but that is no threat to humanity? I believe that we are all the fuckin' same, and people who choose religion as their outlet of hope and interest and faith, are simple fools. True life is this. Right now. And I don't know what you do on a regular sunday, but I sure as hell ain't in no church os mosque or whatever. I am lying next to my partner, hugging, kissin', and being happy with what I am, what I am able to share, and what a wonderful world it really is. Pity live is so goddamn short aye?

Truly yours, D.A. Becker


P.S. I don't tend to offend religious people personally, I do think they could be of some use to the world, it's just a pity human beings dump their lives in religions, which are truly mere fiction. Love ya all!

February 19, 2006

 
Blogger Publius II said...

I would ask you one thing, derreck. How do you know for sure, that all there is to what you call "true life" is only what you can see, or what you can experience? How do you know?

February 20, 2006

 
Blogger Diederick said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

February 20, 2006

 
Blogger Diederick said...

I'll tell you Publius, I am open to a lot of things. Gods, which are described, and followed by humanity, are one of those many things. I do not believe we humans are capable of identifieng, and definitly not leading religious works. If there truly is any God, than doesn't it seem a little strange to ye, that there are so many religions on earth? And who says God is allmighty? I definitly don't think there's an argue on that point, except when you say the God has actually forsaken us. Perhaps he got bored. But I don't believe Christianity, Muslim, Hindoe, Buddhist, definitly not Mormon, and really, I don't believe nothin' others created and rule for me. As I said, I keep my options open, but I live life to make the best of it. And would I have failed to make enough sacrifice to the right God, sorry God. I believe in myself, and the fact which seems to me, that we die FOR GOOD, after this damn short life. I don't believe in noo heaven-nor hell. Though I'd certainly like to, I won't live forever and yes, I am afraid to die, but then, which sane being doesn't?

I hope you got my point publius, and thanks for replying, I thought this site was as dead as, ehhh, how do say it in English? Never mind.

Goodday, Publius II

P.S. please write my name with a big letter okay? I wrote God with a big one too.

February 20, 2006

 
Blogger Publius II said...

My apologies Derreck, if I disrespected you by using lower case on your name, and thank you for the reply. To directly answer your question about whether it seemed strange to me that there are many religions, I'll answer no, it doesn't seem strange to me. The reason I say this, is because scripture clearly explains that this is the natural tendancy of man in our current state... that is, man who is in rebellion to God. Though the people followed Moses through the wilderness after escaping Egypt, where they saw many wonderous things that God did, it was not long before Moses found them worshiping a golden calf idol. So, yes, it is strange that man behaves in such a manner, but not so strange when we consider the explanation that scripture gives. It tells us that we suppress the truth with our own want to flee from God.

As for who says God is Almighty, well.. it's a good question. Scripture certainly describes Him as such. And it follows logically, that a Being who can create life from nothing, and speak the universe into existence would seem to be Almighty, by definition.

Now I'd like to ask you one more question, if I may. Why are you afraid to die, if you believe that we simply do not exist once we die? If all consciousness is gone, then what is there to fear? Don't get me wrong, I think we all fear death to some extent, but I'm curious as to how you answer that.

February 20, 2006

 
Blogger GodlessZone said...

When the churches regularly open their podiums to advocates of reason and sanity , ie. atheism, then I will allow others to use my site to promote their religious doctrines. I think it inappropriate if I were to show up at the local Calvinist sanctuary to preach to them. I think it inappropriate for same to use this site to preach their doctrine of the depravity of man. I don't know how things are done in South Carolina but last I heard the churches did not allow allow such things in their churches. It is impossible to dialogue when someone assumes a book to be written by a deity. It wasn't. You think it was. This site is not to preach the doctrine that it is anymore than your church allows people to preach that it isn't.

February 20, 2006

 
Blogger Diederick said...

You kindah got me wrong on it Publius, I don't say death-after is what I fear, but I fear to leave behind what I have now. Perhaps Grief is a better word, but a little late now. I don't believe in hell, or after life, as you know. But life is real to me, in the way it is for logic science. It's like a potato plant. (kindah silly, but heck!) The plant grows, gets some offspring, and dies. Now, that potato didn't fear death, it doesn't think in the way we can, but it does fight 'till the end to make as much offspring as possible. We humans have more goals in live than producing offspring, and in my case, offspring is hardly an option. But I do tend to make best of life, and fight to reach my goals. 'Till the end. That's why I fear death. Time is my fear.

Oh, you didn't offend me with that name-thing. I just think of it as a small correction, you know, when people make grammar mistakes in their mother's language. Oh, please don't start grammar on me, I'm Dutch!

Anyway, like talkin' to ya.

February 20, 2006

 
Blogger Diederick said...

P.S. Publius, how old are you?? You sound to me as a wise person. I prever to have an image in mind to whom I'm talkin'.

February 20, 2006

 
Blogger Diederick said...

AND Publius, what do you think about Buddhism? They have multiple Gods, are they what you described as those "people who followed Moses"? (no offence, just recalling text) As I don't believe they were touched in any way by the religion growing in the East.

February 20, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Web Counters Religion Blog Top Sites