Friday, March 10, 2006

Faith-based disaster looming.


Lydon Baines Bush, the big government Republican, has once again expanded the size of government. In addition he has once again imposed religion into the government. This time he has ordered the Orwellian Department of Homeland Security (which ought to be abolished) to create an office for "faith-based initiatives".

Among it's tasks will be doling out millions of dollars to church groups. Church and state not only merge in the Bush theocracy but the churches become an arm of the state and the state an arm of the church. Instead of charity work the churches will use money taken from taxpayers by threat of force. They will get subsidized.

The Family Research Council, a right-wing "small government" group, applauded the expansion of state power saying it will help government "coordinate with faith-based groups." The White House said that bring religion into government services will help them accomplish their "mission".

The Washington Post reported: "President bush said yesterday that the federal government gave more than $2.1 billion in grants to religious charities last year—a 7 percent increase from the prior year and proof,k he said, that his administration has made it easier for faith-based groups to obtain taxpayer funds."

It is amazing how quickly the American church groups are lining up to get bought off by Ceasar. Soon they will be dependent on Ceasar for their bread.

6 Comments:

Blogger Pirate said...

my guess those who attend church have provided more of the taxpayer's funds then you ever have. I'm also guessing you have never made enough to be anything but dependant on others.

There is no doubt you have taken more from the taxper's fund then you have put in to it. Your arguement leads one to believe you are not a contributor but rather a critical taker. Cynically criticizing those who have provided you with so much in order to hide your personal assessment of worthlessness.

March 10, 2006

 
Blogger Pirate said...

Don't waste your time on straightening my assessment of you. I have read your later comments or responses and have found that you are possibly my old college roommate from the 70s and early 80s.

Beside the argument of God's existance we stand firmly on the same soap boxes.

March 10, 2006

 
Blogger GodlessZone said...

Alas not a college roommate. I know with certainty as I never lived on campus. For the two years of seminary I drove there from home. I left home and took courses at Purdue University part time while working. I then went to another small Christian college. I also had my own place and worked between classes. I then moved to another state and took some classes at a major state university. Again I had my own apartment and worked part time. So I never had a college room mate. And from what I hear that is probably a good thing. Everyone I knew who lived in the dorms had problems because of it. And the stories I've heard since then makes me wonder if the dorms shouldn't be shut down. I went to univesity over a period of years as I had to do it part time due to working. So basically I went from 1972 to 1984. But I also did six years of classes not just four. I did two years of seminary and four years of normal university level courses. Thus the six years. But they were spread out due to work which is why it appears to be 12 years. And since then I have attended regular academic conferences. I just went to one a few weeks ago. And I have three more scheduled this year. I will be speaking at two of them.

March 10, 2006

 
Blogger Pirate said...

If you ever find yourself in Oregon giving a speech let me know. I would like to attend and promise not to heckle you.

I only lived in the dorms for a short while. I spent most of my later years in school living in an off campus house with a gaggle of lefties smoking dope, chasing females and studying economics and politics. I recieved a B.S. in economics in 1985. I spent my college days working in sawmills, hospitals and traveling with migrant workers during the sumer months.

i like you read 30 or more books per year but i do add classical fiction to my list and not as many non-fiction tomes as I should.

March 10, 2006

 
Blogger GodlessZone said...

No plans on Oregon. Will give two talks in Europe instead and just attend the third conference.

March 11, 2006

 
Blogger Pirate said...

have a good time.

March 11, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Web Counters Religion Blog Top Sites